Terms & Conditions of Minibus, Coach & Bus Hire
3. Use of Vehicle
4. Route and Time Variation
5. Drivers’ Hours
6. Seating Capacity
7. Conveyance of Animals
10. Cancellation by Hirer
11. Cancellation by the Company
12. Vehicle to be provided
13. Breakdowns and Delays
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF HIRE
These conditions apply whether a contract has been made verbally or in writing. The Hirer acts on behalf of all the passengers travelling on the vehicle. The Hirer is responsible for the actions and decisions of all the passengers on board including any additional costs incurred in performing the contract, whether or not they actually travel with the party.
2.1. Quotations are given on the basis of the most direct route and on information given by the hirer. The route used will be at the discretion of the Company unless the Hirer has requested a particular route, which will be specified on the confirmation of booking.
2.2. The company requires sufficient information to be able to know if the hire will enter any LEZ to assess compliancy and cost implications.
2.3. The giving of a quotation does not guarantee the availability of vehicles or drivers.
2.4. Quotations are valid for One month from the date of enquiry.
3. Use of Vehicle The hirer cannot assume use of the vehicle between outward and return journeys, nor for the vehicle to remain at the destination for the Hirer’s use unless this has been agreed with the Company in advance.
4. Route and Time Variation
4.1. Should the vehicle be detained by the Hirer, or taken on a longer journey than contracted for, the Company reserves the right to make an additional charge.
4.2. The vehicle will depart at the times agreed with the Hirer and the Company shall not be liable for any loss or injury sustained by any passengers who fail to join the vehicle at the appointed time.
4.3. LEZ. Non-compliant vehicle taken into the LEZ will incur a charge as detailed in Tariff of Additional Costs.
5. Drivers’ Hours The hours agreed with the Company must be strictly observed (other than in the case of serious emergency or diversion) so that regulations governing drivers’ hours and rest periods can be complied with. The Company reserves the right to curtail or otherwise alter any Hire that does not comply with the relevant regulations. Neither the Hirer nor any passengers shall delay the departure of a vehicle or otherwise interrupt the journey so putting the driver at risk of breaching the regulations relating to drivers’ hours of work and duty. The Hirer will indemnify the Company against any extra expenses which the Company may incur including, but not limited to, the cost of providing a replacement driver.
6. Seating Capacity The Hirer shall not load any vehicle beyond the number of passengers for which it is legally able to carry.
7. Conveyance of Animals On a private hire, no animals (other than guide dogs and hearing dogs notified to the Company in advance) may come on the vehicle without prior agreement from the Company.
8. Confirmation Written confirmation by the Company is normally the only basis for the acceptance of a booking.
9. Payment Any deposit requested must be paid in order to secure the booking. The outstanding balance must be made on or before the day of travel unless the Company agrees terms of credit. Customers will be charged a minimum 10% administration fee if the outstanding balance is not paid to terms. Late credit account payments are charged as follows: 1st reminder letter – no charge; 2nd reminder letter – £15.00; 3rd reminder letter – £15.00; final reminder letter – £30.00.
10. Cancellation by Hirer If the Hirer wishes to cancel a booking, the following charges will apply per vehicle. These charges will also apply if cancellation is due to inclement weather conditions, or cancellation due to any other factor outside of the control of the Company: Days prior to Hire Charge 21 days+ No Charge 15 – 21 25% of Hire 7 – 14 Days 35% of Hire 2 – 6 Days 50% of Hire 1 Day 75% of Hire Day of Hire 75% of Hire Arrival of coach at Departure point 100% of Hire
11. Cancellation by the Company In the event of any emergency, riot, fire, civil commotion, strike, lock out, stoppage or restraint of labour, or on the happening of an event over which the Company has no control (including adverse weather and road conditions), or in the event of the Hirer taking any action to vary agreed conditions unilaterally, the Company may, by returning all money paid and without further or other liability, cancel the contract. The Company reserves the right to cancel any booking giving 7 days notice.
12. Vehicle to be provided
12.1. The Company reserves the right to provide a larger vehicle than that specified, at no additional charge, unless any extra seats are used.
12.2. The Company reserves the right to substitute other vehicles (including those of other operators) or ancillary facilities for all or part of the hire subject to such substitutes being of at least equivalent quality.
12.3. Equipment in coaches (including air conditioning, audio, visual & public address systems) is provided at the discretion of the Company unless the quotation and hire specifies that any such facilities will be available. Whilst every endeavour will be made to comply with the Hirer’s subsequent requests, the Company cannot guarantee to meet any such requests.
13. Breakdowns and Delays The Company gives its advice on journey times in good faith, however, in the event of a breakdown or traffic congestion, beyond the reasonable control of the Company, journeys may take longer than predicted, and in those circumstances the Company will not be liable for any loss or inconvenience suffered by the Hirer as a result.
14. Passengers’ Property A2B Newquay Travel Ltd Terms & Conditions of Minibus, Coach & Bus Hire
14.1. All vehicles hired by the Company are subject to restrictions on carrying luggage for statutory safety reasons. The Hirer accepts that the driver shall be the sole judge as to whether and to what extent passengers’ property is carried. Large bulky items may not be able to be carried, and the Hirer should take all steps to notify the Company in advance of any such requirements.
14.2. The Company accepts carriage of any personal property of the Hirer and their passengers, without liability, on the understanding that it will take all reasonable steps to avoid loss or damage. The Hirer should notify the Company if items of exceptional value are to be carried on the vehicle. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to minimise the risk to any property left unattended.
14.3. All articles of lost property will be held at the Company’s premises and will be subject to the current Public Service Vehicle (Lost Property) regulations.
15. Conduct of Passengers The Driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle. Any passenger whose conduct is in breach of statutory regulations may be removed from the vehicle, or prevented from boarding, on the Driver’s authority. The Hirer will be responsible for the conduct of passengers and for any damage or theft relating to the vehicle during the Hire. The current Public Service Vehicle (Conduct of Drivers, Inspectors, Conductors and Passengers) Regulations